Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday 10.07.06


It's the big day! We had to work around the soccer schedules, so this weekend worked best to throw Alaina's birthday party. Andy and I got up way too early to get things finished around the house. The kids got up way too early . . .Alaina had an 8 am soccer game! Gary and Annie (Andy's parents) got here early enough to go to the game with everyone else. I stayed here and worked on putting out carnival games and showing the bounce house guy where to put everything. We'd done a carnival theme the previous year and she loved it so much she wanted to do it again. Gary'd built us a ring toss game, and we'd added several more to the ones we had last year. And we had a picture taking spot. Alaina's game went well (they "won" . . . you know, they scored more goals, but we can't have winners and losers that young . . .like the kids don't figure that out on their own most of the time anyway), and everyone got back home and ready for the party. Alaina couldn't wait to get that giraffe costume on and go out back to bounce. Party started at 10:30 and the kids quickly got into the swing of things with the snow cones, popcorn, bounce house and games. They seem to really enjoy this party . . . I think it's different from what they usually experience -- not the out of home party thing, but more "crazy" than a regular home party. At any rate, they played carnival games to their hearts' content. We once again did Krispy Kremes instead of cake. I just can't stomach cake before lunch, and Alaina thinks it's cool, so it works.



You'd think that 4 dz would've been more than we could've needed with 11 4/5 year olds, assorted sibs and parents. Out of 48 donuts, we had FIVE at the end of the party! The kids were so excited when our neighbor showed up as a clown and made balloon animals!



Andy, Ian, Gary and Annie left before the party was over to get Ian to his 3rd game of the week. They lost 6 to 1. Andy had enough time to drop Ian off and take Allie to the fields.. .well, apparently not enough time. I thought the game started at 2:30, but it was actually 2:15. OOPS! The kids spent the afternoon and into the evening in the bounce house. I figure for what we pay to rent the thing, I love having it all day. I think the driver finally came about 9:30 to pack everything up! Alaina jumped until it was almost pitch black in the bounce house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home