Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Butterflies

All photos taken at La Paz Waterfall Gardens.

A row of blue morphos cocoons:


exposure time: 1/60, F5.6, ISO 1600, 300mm
When I first pulled this picture, I thought it was a blue morphos, but looking at the Waterfall gardens site, looks like this is an owl butterfly. I was thrilled to catch a such a great picture of cocoons in all stages.


Exposure time: 1/50, F5, ISo 1600, 170mm
This is an emerging blue morphos. See the difference between the spot patterns on their wings?


Exposure time: 1/30, F5.6, ISo 1600, 300mm

There are apparently several different species with the common name of Monarch. This is one of them. Not the monarch we see here in Dallas. . . but one that wears the same name.


Exposure time: 1/60, F5.6, ISO 1600, 280mm

No common name for this one. It's a Heliconius erato.


exposure time: 1/30, F5, ISO 1600, 230mm

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Matthes said...

That last one is wild looking.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home